Nacogdoches in Nacogdoches County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
On this site stood the old “Red House”
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 9345.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 36.181′ N, 94° 39.366′ W. Marker is in Nacogdoches, Texas, in Nacogdoches County. Marker is at the intersection of South Street and Pillar Street, on the right when traveling north on South Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Nacogdoches TX 75961, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Battle of Nacogdoches (here, next to this marker); William ("Bill") Goyens (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Spanish Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Gladys Hampton Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Chas. Hoya Land Office (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct Thomas Jefferson Rusk (about 300 feet away); Nacogdoches Federal Building / Post Office (about 300 feet away); Ingraham Building (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nacogdoches.
Categories. • Education • Military • Notable Persons • War, Texas Independence •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 30, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 952 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 30, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.