Salado in Bell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Salado United Methodist Church
At the turn of the 20th century, the Salado circuit remained active, with an Epworth League for the church youth and a missionary, Emma Stone (Poteet) Pilley, serving overseas in Japan and China. Members also started a church library. By 1910, the circuit consisted of the Salado, Bell Plains and Prairie Dell congregations, which all continued to thrive. Each included programs such as vacation bible school and the Women's Society of Christian Service, as well as active youth and Sunday school programs. The Bell Plains church consolidated with the Salado church in 1940, and in 1951, the Prairie Dell members did the same, moving their long-time sanctuary to Salado to serve as a fellowship hall for their new congregation.
Erected 2004 by the Texas Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 13272.)
Location. 30° 56.487′ N, 97° 31.722′ W. Marker is in Salado, Texas, in Bell County. Marker can be reached from Royal Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 650 Royal St, Salado TX 76571, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Major Archibald Johnson Rose (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Major A.J. Rose House (about 500 feet away); George Washington Baines House (approx. ¼ mile away); Alexander's Distillery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Twelve Oaks (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hermon and Margaret L. Aiken (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Salado Graveyard (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dr. Welborn Barton and Louisa Adeline Barton (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Salado.
Also see . . . Salado United Methodist Church. (Submitted on March 30, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 30, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,035 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 30, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.