Sidney in Shelby County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Civil War 1861 - 1865
Battery M, First Ohio
Volunteer Light Artillery
Sidney, Shelby County, Ohio.
Erected in 1938 by
George Hemm Jr.
in memory of
his parents and the pioneer
immigrant German settlers,
soldiers and sailors of the
Their magnificent support of
President Lincoln during
the Civil War saved the Union
1861 - 1865
Erected 1938 by George Hemm Jr.
Location. 40° 16.561′ N, 84° 9.31′ W. Marker is in Sidney, Ohio, in Shelby County. Marker is at the intersection of Ohio Avenue and Main Avenue, on the left when traveling south on Ohio Avenue. Touch for map. Memorial is about 700 feet north of the Big Four Railroad Bridge. Marker is at or near this postal address: 857 S. Ohio Avenue, Sidney OH 45365, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Big Four Bridge (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Peoples Federal Savings and Loan Association Building (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Old Jail US Bank (approx. 0.6 miles away); Burkhart Building (approx. 0.6 miles away); Monumental Building (approx. 0.6 miles away); Shelby County Korean Conflict / Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Shelby County Courthouse (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sidney.
Also see . . . Schultz's Battery. (Submitted on April 14, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Government • Heroes • Military • Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 14, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 726 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on April 14, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.