Near Douglass in Nacogdoches County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Presidio Nuestra Señora de Los Dolores
Erected 1936 by State of Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 9303.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 35.779′ N, 94° 53.201′ W. Marker is near Douglass, Texas, in Nacogdoches County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 225 and County Road 789, on the left when traveling west on Road 225. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Douglass TX 75943, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mt. Hope Cemetery (approx. 6.9 miles away); Homer-Alto Road (approx. 6.9 miles away); Falvey Memorial United Methodist Church (approx. 8.1 miles away); Pollok Baptist Church (approx. 10.3 miles away); Pollok Cemetery (approx. Site of the Delaware Indian Village (approx. 12.3 miles away); Central Consolidated School (approx. 12.4 miles away); Gann Memorial Cemetery (approx. 12.6 miles away).
Also see . . . Nuestra Señora de los Dolores de los Tejas Presidio. Article about the Presidio in the Handbook of Texas online. (Submitted on May 2, 2010, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 23, 2010, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 902 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 23, 2010, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.