Appomattox Court House in Appomattox County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Historic Vegetation 1865
Location. 37° 23.481′ N, 78° 47.013′ W. Marker is in Appomattox Court House, Virginia, in Appomattox County. Marker is on Old Courthouse Road (State Highway 24), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Located at the Lee's Headquarters wayside in the Appomattox Court House National Historic Park. Marker is in this post office area: Appomattox VA 24522, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lee’s Last Headquarters (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederates Trapped (within shouting distance of this marker); ANV Headquarters (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lee's Apple Tree (approx. 0.6 miles away); After the Surrender (approx. 0.7 miles away); Popularizer of the Banjo (approx. 0.7 miles away); Appomattox River (approx. ¾ mile away); Grant and Lee Meeting (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Appomattox Court House.
Categories. • Agriculture • Natural Resources •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 25, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 581 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 25, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.