Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Germantown in Washington County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Christ Church

 
 
Christ Church Marker (Two sided) image. Click for full size.
By Paul F, February 8, 2008
1. Christ Church Marker (Two sided)
South side of marker
Inscription. Center of the settlement established by German-Hunsruck pioneers, the Christ Evangelical Church was founded in 1842. This limestone edifice, replacing a log church, was completed in 1862 on land donated by Phillip Dhein.
 
Erected 1977 by Washington County Landmark Commission.
 
Location. 43° 15.018′ N, 88° 8.586′ W. Marker is in Germantown, Wisconsin, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 145 and Holy Hill Road, Maple Road, Hwy 145 on State Highway 145. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: W187 N12808 Fond du Lac Ave., Germantown WI 53022, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dheinsville Settlement (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Livery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Mill Road Church (approx. 3.6 miles away); Jacob Schunk Farmhouse (approx. 3.7 miles away); St. John Evangelical Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); Miller-Davidson House (approx. 4.5 miles away); Barn (approx. 4.5 miles away); Umhoefer House (approx. 4.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Germantown.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Settlements & Settlers
 
Christ Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul F, February 8, 2008
2. Christ Church Marker
(north side of double sided marker)
Christ Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul F, May 28, 2010
3. Christ Church Marker
Christ Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul F, May 28, 2010
4. Christ Church Marker
National Register Designation
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 26, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 510 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 26, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.   3, 4. submitted on May 29, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement