Wind Gap in Northampton County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Sullivan Expedition Against the Iroquois Indians
Erected 1929 by The Pennsylvania Historical Commission
The Valley Forge Chapter, S.A.R.
Marker series. This marker is included in the The Sullivan-Clinton Expedition Against the Iroquois Indians marker series.
Location. 40° 50.349′ N, 75° 17.783′ W. Marker is in Wind Gap, Pennsylvania, in Northampton County. Marker is on South Broadway (Pennsylvania Route 512) 0.3 miles north of Male Road (County Road 1028), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wind Gap PA 18091, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sullivan's March (here, next to this marker); Henry's Gun Factory (approx. 4.2 miles away); Slate Industry (approx. 5.1 miles away); Christian Frederick Martin (approx. 6.5 miles away); Sullivan Expedition Against the Iroquois Indians, 1779 (was approx. 6.7 miles away but has been reported missing. ); a different marker also named Sullivan's March (approx. 6.7 miles away); Nazareth (approx. 6.7 miles away); Whitefield House (approx. 6.7 miles away).
Related markers. list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 26, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 852 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 26, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.