Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Torrington in Litchfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Warrenton Woolen Mill

 
 
Warrenton Woolen Mill Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, April 21, 2010
1. Warrenton Woolen Mill Marker
Inscription.
Warrenton Woolen Mill
839 Main Street, Torrington CT
Erected 1908
Listed On The
National Register of Historic Places
1987
Renovated Into The
Warrenton Mill Condominium
1988

 
Erected 1988.
 
Location. 41° 49.049′ N, 73° 7.364′ W. Marker is in Torrington, Connecticut, in Litchfield County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Main Street and Northridge Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Located next to the entrance to the Warrenton House, the first building on the left in the complex. Marker is at or near this postal address: 839 Main Street, Torrington CT 06790, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James Alldis House (approx. 0.9 miles away); 1902 Constitutional Convention Pin Oak Tree (approx. 0.9 miles away); Forever Mourned / Forever Honored (approx. 0.9 miles away); Hotchkiss-Fyler House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Torrington (approx. one mile away); McCall Foundation (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Flood of August 19, 1955 (approx. 1.2 miles away); Torrington Soldiers Memorial (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Torrington.
 
Regarding Warrenton Woolen Mill.
The Warrenton House image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, April 21, 2010
2. The Warrenton House
The (small) marker is next to the entrance doors.
The Warrenton Woolen Mill was built in 1908 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. The site includes eight contributing buildings. The mill operated for 140 years, from 1844 to 1984. This building complex was built in 1908. It was renovated and converted into residential condominiums in 1988.
 
Categories. Industry & CommerceNotable Buildings
 
The Power House of the Mill image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, April 21, 2010
3. The Power House of the Mill
Mill Machinery image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, April 21, 2010
4. Mill Machinery
This is now an ornament on the grounds.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 27, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 948 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 27, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.
Paid Advertisement