Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
New Windsor in Carroll County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Strawbridge Log Meeting House Site

 
 
Strawbridge Log Meeting House Site Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, October 14, 2007
1. Strawbridge Log Meeting House Site Marker
See Robert Strawbridge House Marker for photos.
Inscription. Built in 1764 by Robert Strawbridge, the first Methodist place of worship erected in America. Successors are Stone Chapel (1783) 3 miles northeast, and Bethel (1821) 1 mile south.

 
Erected 1964 by Methodist Historical Society.
 
Location. 39° 30.709′ N, 77° 6.338′ W. Marker is in New Windsor, Maryland, in Carroll County. Marker is on Marston Road (Maryland Route 407) 0.3 miles east of New Windsor Road (Maryland Route 31), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Windsor MD 21776, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Robert Strawbridge (approx. 1.3 miles away); Birthplace of American Methodism (approx. 1.4 miles away); Robert Strawbridge House (approx. 1.4 miles away); John Evans House, 1764 (approx. 1.4 miles away); Maryland History-New Windsor (approx. 1.9 miles away); New Windsor (approx. 2.2 miles away); Methodist Historical Marker (approx. 3.4 miles away); “Pipe Creek Meeting” (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Windsor.
 
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better
Replica of Log Meeting House image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten
2. Replica of Log Meeting House
understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Colonial EraNotable Persons
 
Log Meeting House image. Click for full size.
By F. Robby
3. Log Meeting House
Replica of the log meeting house on Marston Road (MD 407), about a half mile south of New Windsor Road (MD 31).
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 16, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,254 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 16, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.   3. submitted on November 15, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement