Glendale in Maricopa County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Catlin Court Historic District
National Register of Historic Places
—Listed June 9, 1992 —
Department of the Interior.
Catlin Court was one of Glendale's earliest and most desirable neighborhoods. In 1914 Otto and Marie R. Hansen platted an eighty-acre tract of land and called it after Marie's maiden name. Bounded by 55th Avenue, Myrtle Avenue, 59th Avenue, and Orangewood Avenue, the neighborhood developed between 1914 and 1942. Nearly half of the 87 buildings in the district are Craftsman Bungalow Style. The district also includes other popular styles from the early twentieth century. Mayors, merchants, doctors, ministers, builders, bankers and educators lived in the homes.
Location. 33° 32.471′ N, 112° 11.103′ W. Marker is in Glendale, Arizona, in Maricopa County. Marker is at the intersection of North 58th Drive and West Palmaire Avenue, on the left when traveling north on North 58th Drive. Touch for map. Marker is on northwest corner. Marker is in this post office area: Glendale AZ 85301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Methodist Episcopal Church of Glendale Sanctuary (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Glendale Townsite (about 400 feet away); Murphy Park (about 600 feet away); Glendale Business District (about 700 feet away); Floralcroft Historic District (approx. 0.2 miles away); Glendale's Towering Flagstaff (approx. 0.2 miles away); Robert W. Cole Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); William J. Murphy (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glendale.
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 8, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 937 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 8, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.