Pine Bluff in Jefferson County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Jeﬀerson County First Court House
Erected by Arkansas Centennial Commission 1836-1936 Arkansas History Commission. (Marker Number 1 F 6.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Arkansas Centennial Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 13.769′ N, 92° 0.171′ W. Marker is in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, in Jefferson County. Marker is on West Barraque Street just east of North Main Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is on the grounds of the Jefferson County courthouse near the East end of the building. Marker is in this post office area: Pine Bluff AR 71601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Pine Bluff (within shouting distance of this marker); Auguste La noir de Serville (within shouting distance of this marker); Barraque Street Joseph Bonne Cabin (about 700 feet away); Joseph Carter Corbin (approx. 1.3 miles away); Bayou Bartholomew (approx. 3.6 miles away).
Categories. • Government • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 10, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 869 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 10, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.