San Augustine in San Augustine County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old Hollis Building
Also on site was office of K.L. Anderson, last vice president of Republic.
This structure escaped the great fire, 1890. Has housed many businesses, including post office, 1911.
Erected 1968 by Texas Historical Survey Commission. (Marker Number 7617.)
Location. 31° 31.818′ N, 94° 6.576′ W. Marker is in San Augustine, Texas, in San Augustine County. Marker is on E. Columbia Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 128 E. Columbia, San Augustine TX 75972, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Augus Theatre (within shouting distance of this marker); San Augustine County Courthouse (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Mission Nuestra Señora de Los Dolores de Los Ais (approx. 0.6 miles away); Thompson Family (approx. 6.1 miles away); McMahan's Chapel (approx. 8.6 miles away); a different marker also named McMahan's Chapel (approx. 10 miles away); County Line Baptist Church and Cemetery (approx. 10 miles away); Norwood Community (approx. 10.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Augustine.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 12, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 556 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on May 12, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area view of the marker and the building. • Can you help?