Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Chestertown in Kent County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

On This Site Stood the Courthouse

 
 
On This Site Stood the Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, October 18, 2007
1. On This Site Stood the Courthouse Marker
Inscription. On this site stood the courthouse built in 1707 which was burned and repaired in 1720. A new building was erected in 1860 and remodeled in 1937.
 
Erected by Kent County Historical Society.
 
Location. 39° 12.555′ N, 76° 3.932′ W. Marker is in Chestertown, Maryland, in Kent County. Marker can be reached from High Street near Cross Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Plaque is on the the High Street side of the Kent County Court House. Marker is in this post office area: Chestertown MD 21620, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tercentenary Celebration (a few steps from this marker); John Leeds Barroll (within shouting distance of this marker); A County Seat (within shouting distance of this marker); Common Cause (within shouting distance of this marker); In This Church (within shouting distance of this marker); American Revolution Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); War of 1812 Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Civil War Monument (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chestertown.
 
Categories. Colonial EraNotable Buildings
 
Kent County Court House image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, October 18, 2007
2. Kent County Court House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 20, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,004 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 20, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement