Tuscaloosa in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Delta Kappa Epsilon
Psi Chapter of Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity first Greek letter fraternity at The University of Alabama. Organized by Louis J. DuPre, chapter installed June 20, 1847. First members initiated at Indian Queen Hotel by Charles Foote of Phi Chapter at Yale College.
ΔKE house built 1916. Because of its location is known as "The Mansion on the Hill."
Psi Chapter of Delta kappa Epsilon fraternity installed at The University of Alabama June 20, 1847.
The Charter members were:
Edward G. Baptist • James I. Bonner • Louis J. DuPre • Charles F. Henry • Edward L. Jones • John H. Lee • Richard B. Owen • Charles A. Pegues • Thaddeus H. Perry • George W. F. Price • Peyton W. Reynolds • Milford F. Woodruff
Erected 1982 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 33° 12.625′ N, 87° 32.992′ W. Marker is in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, in Tuscaloosa County. Marker is at the intersection of University Boulevard and Stadium Drive, on the right when traveling west on University Boulevard. Touch for map. Building #2068, Delta Kappa Epsilon is located on the Campus of the University of Alabama across from the North side of the
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Maxwell Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Autherine Lucy Foster (about 400 feet away); Morgan Hall, 1910 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site Of Franklin Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gorgas House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Oliver-Barnard Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Kappa Delta (approx. 0.2 miles away); University of Alabama (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tuscaloosa.
Categories. • Education • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 13, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,734 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 13, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.