Tuscaloosa in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Site Of Franklin Hall
Marker donated by Phi Mu Sorority in commemoration of its 50th anniversary at the University of Alabama.
Erected 1981 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 33° 12.697′ N, 87° 32.824′ W. Marker is in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, in Tuscaloosa County. Marker can be reached from Capstone Drive east of Colonial Drive. Touch for map. The Mound is located a few yards south of the John T. Oliver-Barnard Hall building #1027 on the Campus of the University of Alabama. Marker is in this post office area: Tuscaloosa AL 35487, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Oliver-Barnard Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); The Little Round House (within shouting distance of this marker); Gorgas House (within shouting distance of this marker); Rotunda Plaza Shockly’s Escort Company Of Cavalry (about 300 feet away); Storrs Cadet Troop (about 300 feet away); Amelia Gayle Gorgas (about 300 feet away); University of Alabama Civil War Memorial (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tuscaloosa.
Categories. • Education • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 13, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,085 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 13, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.