Chelmsford in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Revolutionary War Monument
Erected 1859 by G. S. Curtis, architect, and L. Chamberlain,
Location. 42° 35.882′ N, 71° 21.205′ W. Marker is in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is on Westford Street just from Academy Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at the west corner of Penham Park, across from the Forefathers’ Burying Ground. Marker is in this post office area: Chelmsford MA 01824, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First School for Lip-Reading (within shouting distance of this marker); District No. 1 School (within shouting distance of this marker); Oldest Toll House (within shouting distance of this marker); Chelmsford (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Chelmsford’s “Minuteman Boulder” (about 600 feet away); Soldiers and Sailors Monument (approx. 2.8 miles away); Chief of the Penacooks (approx. 2.9 miles away); a different marker also named Chelmsford (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chelmsford.
More about this marker. The granite monument stands 27 feet tall, with a central column 4 feet across.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Military • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 26, 2010, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 1,264 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 26, 2010, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.