Near Plymouth in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
In Honor of our Pioneers
Near this spot was built the first white man's home in the Town of Plymouth, 1845, and near here the town's first white child was born.
Erected by Plymouth Chapter D. A. R. June 14, 1924.
Erected 1924 by the Plymouth Chapter D. A. R.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 43° 44.875′ N, 87° 56.379′ W. Marker is near Plymouth, Wisconsin, in Sheboygan County. Marker can be reached from County Highway C 0.1 miles east of State Highway 57. Touch for map. Marker is at a highway wayside; the location is also a parking area for the Old Plank Road Trail – Plymouth Trailhead. Marker is at or near this postal address: W4840 County Highway C, Plymouth WI 53073, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Plymouth Wisconsin (approx. 2.1 miles away); Site of Winooski (approx. 3.6 miles away); Hamill's Hollow (approx. 6.2 miles away); Schoolhouse Straight (approx. Downtown Sheboygan Falls Historic District (approx. 6.4 miles away); Wacker's Wend (approx. 6˝ miles away); Cole Historic District (approx. 6.6 miles away); The Mill House Restoration Project (approx. 6.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plymouth.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 13, 2010, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 683 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 13, 2010, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.