Ellicott City in Howard County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Ellicott’s Upper Mills
Erected 1976 by Carter Braxton Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 18.62′ N, 76° 47.627′ W. Marker is in Ellicott City, Maryland, in Howard County. Marker is on Old Frederick Road 1˝ miles east of Rogers Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ellicott City MD 21043, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mill Town History (approx. 1.2 miles away); Benjamin Banneker (approx. 2.6 miles away); The Patapsco Female Institute (approx. 2.8 miles away); a different marker also named Patapsco Female Institute (approx. 2.8 miles Howard County Jail, 1851: (approx. 2.9 miles away); Mount Ida (approx. 2.9 miles away); Fells Lane Community (approx. 2.9 miles away); The National Road (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ellicott City.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 27, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,401 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 27, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.