Boydton in Mecklenburg County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Boydton Presbyterian Church
around 1820 on land owned by Alexander Boyd the
Younger of Boydton, Virginia. In 1824 the church
property was deeded to the church elders for
the sum of one dollar. In times of need, the
Presbyterians have shared their house of worship
with the Methodists, Baptists, and Episcopalians.
Designated as a historical site by
The John Goode Chapter
National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century
Erected 2001 by National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century.
Location. 36° 40.101′ N, 78° 23.127′ W. Marker is in Boydton, Virginia, in Mecklenburg County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Hull Street (Virginia Route T-1204) and Cemetery Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Boydton VA 23917, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Boydton and Petersburg Plank Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Boyd Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); Boydton (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mecklenburg County Confederate Monument The Boyd Tavern (approx. 0.3 miles away); Boydton Academic and Bible Institute (approx. 1.2 miles away); Taylor's Ferry (approx. 1.2 miles away); Old Randolph-Macon College (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Boydton.
Also see . . . Boydton Historic District (pdf file). National Register of Historic Places (Submitted on June 14, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 14, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 608 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 14, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.