Blanchardville in Lafayette County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Predecessor of Blanchardville
These families founded Zarahemla or "City of God" and attracted other Mormons. In the early 1850s the community consisted of log cabins, a general store, and a grist mill. This short-lived community became Blanchardville by the late 1850s.
Erected 2000. (Marker Number 449.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
Location. 42° 48.656′ N, 89° 51.727′ W. Marker is in Blanchardville, Wisconsin, in Lafayette County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street (State Highway 78) and Mill Street, on the right when traveling south on South Main Street. Touch for map. The marker is in front of the Blanchardville Museum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 South Main Street, Blanchardville WI 53516, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Zenas Gurley (approx. 0.3 miles Argyle (approx. 7.6 miles away); Partridge Hall Star Theatre (approx. 7.7 miles away); Hauge Log Church - 1852 (approx. 8½ miles away); Battle of Pecatonica (approx. 10.3 miles away); The Battle of the Pecatonica (approx. 10½ miles away); Primrose Lutheran Church (approx. 11.1 miles away); East Wiota Lutheran Church (approx. 11.7 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 20, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 713 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 20, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.