Mount Vernon in Westchester County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Saint Paulís Protestant Episcopal Church
The First Meeting House, erected on the Green North of this Church 1692-1699, adopted the worship of the Church of England 1702.
This Church, erected 1761-1765, was used as a Military Hospital during the American Revolution; Converted into a Court House 1787; Incorporated 1787; Reopened as a Church 1788; Re-incorporated 1795 with the name of “Saint Paulís Church in the Town of Eastchester” and Consecrated 1805.
This Tablet was erected by the Empire State Society, Sons of the American Revolution † 1911.
Erected 1911 by Empire State Society, Sons of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 53.591′ N, 73° 49.55′ W. Marker is in Mount Vernon, New York, in Westchester County. Marker can be reached from S Columbus Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 897 S Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon NY 10550, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within St. Paulís Church, Eastchester (here, next to this marker); In Memory of the Underhills (here, next to this marker); Patriots of the American Revolution (a few steps from this marker); Gloverís Brigade Encampment (approx. ĺ mile away); “Pelham Dale” (approx. ĺ mile away); Battle of Pelham (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Old Boston Road (approx. 0.9 miles away); This Mile Stone (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mount Vernon.
Also see . . .
1. St. Paulís Church National Historic Site. National Park Service website. (Submitted on June 20, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. Saint Paul's Church National Historic Site, Mount Vernon, NY. Historic Pelham website. (Submitted on June 20, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 20, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 693 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 20, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.