East Hanover in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Hanover Presbyterian Church
in Morris County, established
in 1718. Relocated at Meeting
House here in 1755. Present
church built in 1835.
Erected 1976 by Morris County Heritage Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Morris County Heritage Commission marker series.
Location. 40° 48.2′ N, 74° 22.09′ W. Marker is in East Hanover, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Mt Pleasant Avenue and Hanover Road, on the right when traveling west on Old Mt Pleasant Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: East Hanover NJ 07936, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hanover Presbyterian Church & Unknown Continental Soldiers (a few steps from this marker); The First School (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Parsonage (approx. 0.2 miles away); Halfway House (approx. ¼ mile away); Columbia School District No. 5 (approx. 1½ miles away); Hedges – Fish Homestead (approx. Whippany Burying Yard (approx. 2.2 miles away); Whipponong Cemetery (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in East Hanover.
Also see . . . Historic Markers/Historic Preservation. Morris County Heritage Commission. (Submitted on June 25, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 25, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 582 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 25, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.