Union in Union County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Governor William Livingston
Eminent lawyer, statesman, writer and poet
Governor of New Jersey from 1776 – 1790
Representative of New Jersey in the First Continental Congress 1774. Again a delegate in 1775. Commissioned Brigadier General in command of the New Jersey Militia in 1775. Delegate to the Convention which framed the National Constitution.
Staunch friend of Washington
Erected by Elizabeth Chapter, Sons of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 40.646′ N, 74° 13.742′ W. Marker is in Union, New Jersey, in Union County. Marker is on Morris Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is across from Kean University. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1003 Morris Avenue, Union NJ 07083, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Liberty Hall (here, next to this marker); Connecticut Farms (within shouting distance of this marker); Horse Chestnut Tree (about 300 feet away, measured in Liberty Hall (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Liberty Hall (about 400 feet away); The Serpentine Path (about 600 feet away); Carriage House (about 600 feet away); Steam Tractor (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Union.
Also see . . .
1. William Livingston – New Jersey. Soldier-Statesmen of the Constitution website. (Submitted on June 26, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. Liberty Hall Museum. (Submitted on June 26, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 26, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 553 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 26, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.