Richmond, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Confederate (Second) Alabama Hospital
Turpin's factory. Original building
Richmond Civil War Centennial Committee 1965
Yarbrough Turpin Tobacco Factory
1853 - 1909
Pohlig Bros. Paper Box Company
Used as hospital during Civil War
Erected 1965 by Richmond Civil War Centennial Committee.
Location. 37° 31.794′ N, 77° 25.233′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of North 25th Street and East Franklin Street, on the left when traveling north on North 25th Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Richmond VA 23223, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Adams-Van Lew House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); George Wythe (about 600 feet away); Welcome to Historic St. Johnís Church (about 700 feet away); St. Johnís Church (about 800 feet away); Saint Johnís Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); British Invasion of Richmond, January 1781 2307 E. Broad Street (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gen'l Joseph E. Johnston (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Also see . . . Second Alabama Hospital. Civil War Richmond (Submitted on June 26, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Science & Medicine • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 26, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 896 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 26, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.