Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Waterloo in Howard County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Trinity on the Pike

(Episcopal)

 
 
Trinity on the Pike Marker image. Click for full size.
By F. Robby, December 29, 2003
1. Trinity on the Pike Marker
Inscription. Consecrated by Bishop Whittingham March 26, 1857, as chapel of ease for Christ Church, Queen Caroline Parish. Protestant Episcopal Convention approved separation from Christ Church in 1866. Trinity Parish admitted by Convention two years later. Bell tower added, 1867. Original frame building faced the road. Modified by stone extension, 1890. Rectory rebuilt in 1873 after a fire.
 
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
 
Location. 39° 10.793′ N, 76° 46.186′ W. Marker is in Waterloo, Maryland, in Howard County. Marker is on Washington Boulevard (U.S. 1) 0.4 miles south of Meadowridge Road (Maryland Route 103), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7474 Washington Blvd, Elkridge MD 21075, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Trinity White Oak ( here, next to this marker); Spurrier's Tavern (was approx. 0.8 miles away but has been reported missing. ); a different marker also named Spurrier's Tavern ( approx. 0.8 miles away); a different marker also named Spurrier's Tavern ( approx. one mile away); Site of Roadsend Gardens
Trinity Episcopal Church image. Click for full size.
By F. Robby, December 29, 2003
2. Trinity Episcopal Church
( approx. 2.8 miles away); Adam the First (was approx. 2.9 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Christ Episcopal Church ( approx. 3.1 miles away); Harmans ( approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waterloo.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Trinity White Oak Marker image. Click for full size.
By F. Robby, December 29, 2003
3. Trinity White Oak Marker
This marker stands next to the Trinity on the Pike marker on the Trinity Episcopal Church grounds.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 30, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 853 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on October 30, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement