Madison in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Pethrick sold the property in 1876. Mrs. Freda Keys Winterble purchased it in 1943. She restored the home preserving its original architectural style and named it Keystone House.
The Wis. Alumni Research Foundation purchased the property in 1967 and gave it to the University of Wisconsin.
Erected 1972 by Dane County Historical Society. (Marker Number 14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin, Dane County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 43° 4.522′ N, 89° 26.015′ W. Marker is in Madison, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Highland Avenue and University Bay Drive, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Keystone House and the marker can be accessed via the driveway to UW Lot 134 at the intersection of University Bay Drive and Highland Avenue. Marker is at or near this postal address: 901 University Bay Drive, Madison WI 53705, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least Unitarian Meeting House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Howard M. Temin (approx. half a mile away); Aldo Leopold House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Hoyt Park (approx. 0.6 miles away); Forest Hill Cemetery & Effigy Mound Group (approx. 0.6 miles away); Madison Park & Pleasure Drive Association (approx. 0.6 miles away); University Creek Group (approx. 0.7 miles away); Site of Former Greenbush Cemetery Burials (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 30, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 734 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 1, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.