Franklin in Heard County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954. (Marker Number 074-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 16.752′ N, 85° 5.89′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Georgia, in Heard County. Marker is on North River Street (Georgia Route 34) 0 miles south of Courthouse Drive, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Heard County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 215 North River Street, Franklin GA 30217, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Franklin Baptist Church Heard County Jail (about 500 feet away); Franklin Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Benjamin Hawkins (approx. 0.6 miles away); William Hogan Plantation (approx. 13.4 miles away); Council Bluffs Treaty (approx. 14.1 miles away); McIntosh Reserve (approx. 14.1 miles away).
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Notable Persons • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 586 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 13, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 4. submitted on October 24, 2011, by Ernest Everett Blevins of Villa Rica, Georgia. 5. submitted on July 14, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.