Succasanna in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Presbyterian Church at Suckasunny Plains
First Meeting House erected
about 1760. Used as hospital
and arsenal for Continental
Army in 1777. Present church
built 1853. Burying place of
Governor Mahlon Dickerson.
Erected 1977 by Morris County Heritage Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Morris County Heritage Commission marker series.
Location. 40° 52.097′ N, 74° 38.276′ W. Marker is in Succasanna, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Main Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 99 Main Street, Succasunna NJ 07876, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Morris Canal (approx. 0.9 miles away); King House Museum (approx. one mile away); Silas Riggs House (approx. one mile away); a different marker also named Morris Canal (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Morris Canal 1824 – 1924 (approx. 1.4 miles away); Site of Ferromonte (approx. 1½ miles away); Dickerson Mine (approx. 1.7 miles away); Bridget Lockman Smith (approx. 2.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Historic Markers/Historic Preservation (Submitted on July 17, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 17, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 625 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on July 17, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.