Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Flagstaff in Coconino County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Church of the Nativity

1888-1930

 
 
Church of the Nativity Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 7, 2010
1. Church of the Nativity Marker
Inscription. In 1888, at the insistence of a group of Catholic Laymen, The First Catholic Church in Flagstaff was built of brick on the south side of town. It was moved in 1911 to a temporary site just west of and across the street from the present permanent gothic structure, of native volcanic rock, which was completed and dedicated in 1930.
 
Erected by Da Silva Council, Knight of Columbus and Arizona Historical Society.
 
Location. 35° 12.041′ N, 111° 38.924′ W. Marker is in Flagstaff, Arizona, in Coconino County. Marker is at the intersection of West Cherry Avenue and North Beaver Street, on the right when traveling west on West Cherry Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 16 West Cherry Avenue, Flagstaff AZ 86001, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Flagstaff's Founding (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Weatherford Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Telephone Exchange (approx. 0.2 miles away); Babbitt Brothers Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Raymond Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Verkamp Building
Church of the Nativity Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 7, 2010
2. Church of the Nativity Marker
(approx. 0.2 miles away); Ricket & Brooks Bldg. (approx. 0.2 miles away); McMillan Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Flagstaff.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Notable Buildings
 
Church of the Nativity image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 7, 2010
3. Church of the Nativity
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 20, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 867 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 20, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement