Orangeburg in Orangeburg County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Alexander S. Salley
Erected 1970 by Orangeburg County Historical Society. (Marker Number 38-14.)
Location. 33° 30.564′ N, 80° 49.813′ W. Marker is in Orangeburg, South Carolina, in Orangeburg County. Marker is on Belleville Road (State Highway 38-29), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Located approx. 60 yards south of Kings Road (State Road 38- 1165) at the vacant wooded lot. Marker is in this post office area: Orangeburg SC 29115, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Claflin College (approx. 1.6 miles away); Episcopal Church of the Redeemer and Graveyard (approx. 1.7 miles away); South Carolina State University (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Orangeburg Massacre (approx. 1.7 miles away); Trinity United Methodist Church (approx. 1.8 miles Church of the Redeemer (approx. 2 miles away); Judge Glover's Home (approx. 2 miles away); Court House Square (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Orangeburg.
Also see . . . South Carolina Department of Archives and History Centennial Exhibit - 1905-2005. A. S. Salley, Jr., took office as the South Carolina Historical Commissionís first employee, titled "secretary," on April 1, 1905. (Submitted on July 22, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Notable Persons • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 22, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 511 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 22, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.