Irwin in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Braddock's Military Road 1755 “Three Springs” Camp
Marker series. This marker is included in the Braddock’s Road and Maj. Gen. Edward Braddock marker series.
Location. 40° 19.67′ N, 79° 44.255′ W. Marker is in Irwin, Pennsylvania, in Westmoreland County. Marker is at the intersection of Clay Pike and Robbins Station Road on Clay Pike. Touch for map. Marker is low to the ground between shrubs under the sign for the First National Bank at the corner of Clay Pike and Robbins Station Road. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Clay Pike, Irwin PA 15642, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Irwin House (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Beginning of the Lincoln Highway (approx. 1.4 miles away); Fort Walthour Braddock's Military Road 1755 Monacatootha's Camp (approx. 3.1 miles away); Arthur J. Rooney (approx. 3.9 miles away); David McKee (approx. 4.6 miles away); Helen Richey (approx. 4.8 miles away); Queen Aliquippa (approx. 5.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Irwin.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Military • Notable Persons • Roads & Vehicles • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 20, 2010, by William Richard Harrison of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 2,123 times since then and 165 times this year. Last updated on July 25, 2010, by William Richard Harrison of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Photos: 1. submitted on July 20, 2010, by William Richard Harrison of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 2. submitted on January 4, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.