Benevolence in Randolph County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Benevolence Baptist Church
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 120-11.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 52.9′ N, 84° 44.083′ W. Marker is in Benevolence, Georgia, in Randolph County. Marker is at the intersection of Cuthbert Road (County Route 156) and Lumpkin Road (County Route 104), on the right when traveling north on Cuthbert Road. Touch for map. Marker is set back from road, right in front of the church. Marker is in this post office area: Cuthbert GA 39840, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. First Seat of Government of Randolph County (approx. 3.3 miles away); Mother of Georgia's Pecan Industry (approx. 8.1 miles away); Randolph County (approx. 8.2 miles away); The Second Creek War in Randolph County (approx. 8.2 miles away); The City of Cuthbert and Early Randolph County (approx. 8.2 miles away); Site of First Church Building in Cuthbert, Georgia (approx. 8.2 miles away); Frederick Davis Patterson, M.D. / Patterson Hospital (approx. 8.2 miles away); Old Carnegie Library (approx. 8.3 miles away).
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 24, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,101 times since then and 19 times this year. Last updated on July 25, 2010, by Ed Ward of Alexandria, Virginia. Photos: 1. submitted on October 24, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on November 1, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.