Allen Grove in Walworth County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Allens organized the Congregational Church here in 1845. They established a preparatory school for Beloit College in 1856. Philip Junior became the first postmaster in 1846.
Philip Allen Senior is buried in Mt. Philip Cemetery, west of here.
Erected 1976 by Sponsored by the Wisconsin State Chapter Daughters of Founders and Patriots of America. (Marker Number 233.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
Location. 42° 34.807′ N, 88° 45.76′ W. Marker is in Allen Grove, Wisconsin, in Walworth County. Marker is on Clinton Street 0.1 miles north of County Route X, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located on the north end of Village Union Park. Marker is in this post office area: Darien WI 53114, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Soldier of The American Revolution (approx. 1.2 miles away); Darien Civil War Memorial (approx. 2.9 miles away); John Bruce (approx. 3 miles away); The Skavlem–Williams Log Cabin (approx. 5.8 miles away); Wisconsin's First School for the Deaf (approx. 6Ĺ miles away); Delavan's Circus Colony (approx. 6.6 miles away); Delavanís Historic Brick Street (approx. 6.9 miles away); Birthplace of “The Greatest Show on Earth” (approx. 7.2 miles away).
Categories. • Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 26, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 538 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 26, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.