Newport News, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Warwick County Confederate Monument
Unveiled May 27, 1909
Location. 37° 7.789′ N, 76° 32.512′ W. Marker is in Newport News, Virginia. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Old Courthouse Way and Courthouse Drive, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1401 Old Courthouse Way, Newport News VA 23608, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Warwick Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Warwick Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Warwick Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); Olivet Christian Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Windmill Point (approx. 0.9 miles away); Two USCT Heroes (approx. 1.2 miles away); Providence Mennonite Church (approx. 2.1 miles away); Young’s Mill (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newport News.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 4, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 721 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 4, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.