Caledonia in Racine County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
By 1832, in what was still Potawatomi Indian Territory, two French brothers, Jacques and Louis Vieau, had the first known trading post in this area – “Jambeauís Trading Post.”
Erected 1973 by Racine County Historical Society / Franksville Business Menís Association. (Marker Number 102.)
Location. 42° 45.39′ N, 87° 54.165′ W. Marker is in Caledonia, Wisconsin, in Racine County. Marker is at the intersection of Northwestern Avenue (County Route K) and County Route H, on the right when traveling west on Northwestern Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is located near the entrance to Caledonia-Mount Pleasant Park. Marker is in this post office area: Caledonia WI 53108, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 1888 Bohemian School House (approx. 4.5 miles away); Mound Cemetery (approx. 5.1 miles away); Civil War Memorial The Spark (approx. 5.1 miles away); Soldiers of the American Revolution (approx. 5.2 miles away); Joe (approx. 5.2 miles away); Green Bay Road (approx. 5.3 miles away); Spanish-American War Memorial (approx. 5.3 miles away).
More about this marker. Wisconsin Registered Landmark No. 102
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 9, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 810 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 9, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.