Kittrell in Vance County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Glass House
resort patronized by
Northern hunters and
Opened 1871; burned
1893. Site is ½ mi. W.
Erected 1959 by Archives and Highway Departments. (Marker Number G 74.)
Location. 36° 13.354′ N, 78° 26.635′ W. Marker is in Kittrell, North Carolina, in Vance County. Marker is on U.S. 1, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is on the west side of US 1, between Main Street and College Street. Marker is in this post office area: Kittrell NC 27544, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kittrell’s Springs (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Kittrell Confederate Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); "Tiny" Broadwick (approx. 5.9 miles away); Harris Meeting House (approx. 7.7 miles away); Corbitt Company (approx. 7.9 miles away); Moses A. Hopkins (approx. 8.5 miles away); Central Orphanage of North Carolina (approx. 8.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kittrell.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 21, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 578 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 21, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.