Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Hillsborough in Orange County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Alexander Dickson House

Ca. 1790

 
 
Alexander Dickson House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 31, 2010
1. Alexander Dickson House Marker
Inscription.
General Johnston Headquarters
surrender to Union forces
1865

[ Lower Plaque: ]
Dickson House
c. 1790
-----------
This property is under
the protective covenants
of the Historic Preservation
Foundation of North
Carolina, Incorporated.

 
Location. 36° 4.506′ N, 79° 5.801′ W. Marker is in Hillsborough, North Carolina, in Orange County. Marker is at the intersection of E King Street and S Cameron Street, on the right when traveling east on E King Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 150 E King Street, Hillsborough NC 27278, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Orange County Courthouse, 1845-1957 (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Edmund Fanning (about 800 feet away); Regulators Hanged (about 800 feet away); William Churton (about 800 feet away); Boone Expedition for Kentucky (about 800 feet away); Thomas Burke (about 800 feet away); North Carolina Society of the Cincinnati (approx. 0.2 miles away); Billy Strayhorn (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hillsborough.
 
Categories. War, US Civil
 
Alexander Dickson House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 31, 2010
2. Alexander Dickson House Marker
Markers can be seen next to the front door of the Dickson House.
Alexander Dickson House image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 31, 2010
3. Alexander Dickson House
This house serves as the Hillsborough / Orange County Visitorís Center and The Alliance for Historic Hillsborough.
Dickson House Outbuilding image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 31, 2010
4. Dickson House Outbuilding
This structure is located behind the Alexander Dickson House.
Outbuilding Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 31, 2010
5. Outbuilding Marker
This building has
been restored
in honor of
Dr. H. W. Moore
a man who has done much
for this community
November 1991
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 21, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 798 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 21, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Paid Advertisement