Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
High Point in Guilford County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Haley House

 
 
Haley House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 4, 2010
1. Haley House Marker
Inscription.
Built 1786 by John Haley,
blacksmith & sheriff, on
the Petersburg-Salisbury
Road. Later a tavern; now
preserved as a museum.

 
Erected 1967 by Archives and Highway Departments. (Marker Number J 58.)
 
Location. 35° 58.779′ N, 79° 59.482′ W. Marker is in High Point, North Carolina, in Guilford County. Marker is at the intersection of E Lexington Avenue and McGuinn Drive, on the left when traveling east on E Lexington Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is located in the northwest corner of the intersection. Marker is in this post office area: High Point NC 27262, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named The Haley House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Blacksmith Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); The Hoggat House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Plank Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Oldest Colonial Trail (within shouting distance of this marker); Oldest Building in High Point (within shouting distance of this
Marker in High Point image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 4, 2010
2. Marker in High Point
marker); Little Red Schoolhouse (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); High Point University (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in High Point.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Haley House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 4, 2010
3. Haley House Marker
John and Phebe Haley built this house along a major trade route in 1786. They owned 368 acres of land in this area.
Haley House image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 4, 2010
4. Haley House
The Haley House is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The marker can be seen to the left of the house.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 22, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 723 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 22, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Paid Advertisement