Florence in Lauderdale County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Trinity Episcopal Church 1894
Erected by Florence Historical Board Florence, Alabama.
Location. 34° 48.164′ N, 87° 40.73′ W. Marker is in Florence, Alabama, in Lauderdale County. Marker is on N. Pine Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 410 N Pine St ., Florence AL 35630, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sannoner Historic District Medical Arts Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Colonel Pickett Place (about 400 feet away); Karsner-Kennedy House (about 400 feet away); Sannoner Historic District (about 600 First United Methodist Church (about 700 feet away); Simpson House~Irvine Place~Coby Hall (about 700 feet away); Regions Bank (about 800 feet away); Southall Drugs (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Florence.
Also see . . . Trinity Episcopal Church - History. Trinity Episcopal Church began as part of a missionary movement in the late 1700's. The first sixteen ministers of the church were missionaries from this movement. Most of the early information about Trinity and the early ministers who served it has come from the missionary publication called The Spirit of the Missions. The Reverend William Spencer Wall is listed in the first Parish Register of "Trinity Church" as having services in a building where he taught school in Florence (Rev. Wall is credited with having the second school in Florence). As stated on the historical marker (see picture above) that stands outside the church building, Reverend Cook organized "Trinity Episcopal Church" in 1836. (Submitted on September 2, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 2, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 694 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 2, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.