East Point in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
East Point’s charter, approved Aug. 10, 1887, established the limits of the town from this point ~ North ¾ m., South 5/8 mi., East and West ½ mi., forming a parallelogram 1 3/8 mi. long (N & S) and 1 mi. wide (E & W).
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-118.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 40.75′ N, 84° 26.4′ W. Marker is in East Point, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 29) and East Cleveland Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30344, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mt. Zion Methodist Church (approx. Delta Air Lines (approx. 2 miles away); Historic Christ Church, Hapeville (approx. 2.2 miles away); Hapeville, Georgia (approx. 2.3 miles away); Kilpatrick’s Cavalry on the Newnan Stage Road (approx. 2.3 miles away); Fort McPherson (approx. 2.4 miles away); Confederate Entrenchments: 1864 (approx. 2.6 miles away); Historic Utoy Church (approx. 2.6 miles away).
Also see . . . East Point. The Wikipedia entry for East Point contains more information on the city. (Submitted on September 7, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 773 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 3, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.