Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Pemaquid in Lincoln County, Maine — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Ralph Blaisdell and Family

 
 
Ralph Blaisdell and Family Marker image. Click for full size.
By Roger W. Sinnott, September 4, 2010
1. Ralph Blaisdell and Family Marker
Inscription.
Near this site on August 15, 1635
Ralph Blaisdell and family
were shipwrecked.
The ship was the Angel Gabriel
bound from Bristol, England
to Pemaquid.
From here the family
went to York, Maine
and later to Salisbury,
Massachusetts.


 
Erected by the Blaisdell Family Association, in America since 1635.
 
Location. 43° 50.231′ N, 69° 30.38′ W. Marker is near Pemaquid, Maine, in Lincoln County. Marker can be reached from Bristol Road. Touch for map. Marker is in Pemaquid Lighthouse Park, at the south end of Bristol Road. Marker is in this post office area: Pemaquid ME 04558, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Cogswell and Family (here, next to this marker); Bell House (within shouting distance of this marker); Oil House (within shouting distance of this marker); Pemaquid Point Lighthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Boothbay Maine Civil War Monument (approx. 6.9 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Kristin Hallís website. The Angel Gabriel and the Great Storm of 1635. (Submitted on September 8, 2010, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts.)
Wider View with Pemaquid Lighthouse image. Click for full size.
By Roger W. Sinnott, September 4, 2010
2. Wider View with Pemaquid Lighthouse
The marker is to the left of the Cogswell marker on the same stone.
 
 
Categories. Colonial EraDisastersSettlements & SettlersWaterways & Vessels
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 8, 2010, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 975 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 8, 2010, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement