Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Old Forge in Herkimer County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Old Forge, N.Y.

 
 
Old Forge, N.Y. Marker image. Click for full size.
By Deb Hartshorn, August 21, 2010
1. Old Forge, N.Y. Marker
Inscription. These three iron parts of the old forge and this mill stone from the old grist mill were used by agents sent here by JOHN BROWN of RHODE ISLAND who acquired this tract in 1798. They were again used about 1817 on the south side of the river near this site, by his son-in-law Charles Herreshoff.
 
Erected 1930.
 
Location. 43° 42.643′ N, 74° 58.346′ W. Marker is in Old Forge, New York, in Herkimer County. Marker is at the intersection of New York State Route 28 and Fulton Street, on the right when traveling east on State Route 28. Touch for map. Marker is located in Point Park. Marker is in this post office area: Old Forge NY 13420, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Train Wreck (approx. 6.6 miles away); Station Site (approx. 6.9 miles away); Glennmore Hotel (approx. 8.8 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Old Forge, NY. (Submitted on September 10, 2010, by Deb Hartshorn of Burlington County, New Jersey.)
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
Old Forge, N.Y. Marker, mill stone, and iron parts image. Click for full size.
By Deb Hartshorn, August 21, 2010
2. Old Forge, N.Y. Marker, mill stone, and iron parts
Point Park sign - Est. 2009 image. Click for full size.
By Deb Hartshorn, August 21, 2010
3. Point Park sign - Est. 2009
Point Park image. Click for full size.
By Deb Hartshorn, August 21, 2010
4. Point Park
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 10, 2010, by Deb Hartshorn of Burlington County, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 668 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 10, 2010, by Deb Hartshorn of Burlington County, New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement