Andice in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1986 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9094.)
Location. 30° 42.921′ N, 97° 49.778′ W. Marker is in Andice, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on County Road 289. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Georgetown TX 78628, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rock House Community (approx. 2.6 miles away); Site of Loafer's Glory Apostolic Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); Andice Baptist Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); Manuel Flores (approx. 4.9 miles away); Williams-Buck Cemetery Union Hall Independent Missionary Baptist Church of Christ (approx. 5.3 miles away); John G. Matthews House (approx. 6 miles away); Liberty Hill Methodist Church (approx. 6.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Andice.
Also see . . . Fore Cemetery - Williamson County Historical Commission. (Submitted on March 10, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
1. The Marker Contains Incomplete Information
Wiley Fore was born in Weakley County, Tennessee in 1824. His grandfather, Francis Fore fought in the American Revolution and his family descends from the original Huguenot families that landed in Virginia in 1700. He moved with his father's family to Arkansas about 1840. He married Elinor Brewer in Arkansas in 1844 and moved to north Texas about 1848. He moved to Bastrop County, Texas about 1852, where he bought and sold land in addition to farming. He lived in Bastrop County until about 1883 when he moved to Williamson County.
— Submitted August 19, 2009, by John Lang of Dallas, Texas.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 10, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 15, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,338 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 15, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?