Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Paris in Bourbon County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
 

Silas Baptist Church

1 mile west

 
 
Silas Baptist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Matt Carter, April 10, 2010
1. Silas Baptist Church Marker
Inscription. Organized by 20 members of the Cooper's Run Church in 1800, with the help of Ambrose Dudley, George Eve and Augustine Eastin. They built at this site on land given, 1798, by Charles Smith, Sr. The log structure was replaced by a brick house of worship in 1850 and redecorated in 1902. It is the oldest church in the county continuing without interruption.
 
Erected 1977 by Kentucky Historical Society. (Marker Number 1596.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
 
Location. 38° 16.31′ N, 84° 22.22′ W. Marker is in Paris, Kentucky, in Bourbon County. Marker is at the intersection of Russell Cave Road (State Road 353) and Silas Road on Russell Cave Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Paris KY 40361, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Johnston's Inn (approx. 3.7 miles away); Bourbon Whiskey / Jacob Spears (approx. 3.8 miles away); Ruddle's Station (approx. 5.8 miles away); Eades Tavern (approx. 7.7 miles away); Duncan Tavern (approx. 7.7 miles away); William Holmes McGuffey (approx. 7.7 miles away); Death Valley Scotty (approx. 7.7 miles away); CSA at Paris, 1862 (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paris.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 18, 2010, by Matt Carter of Lexington, Kentucky. This page has been viewed 870 times since then and 25 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on September 18, 2010, by Matt Carter of Lexington, Kentucky. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement