Near Brandon in Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Raube Road Site
Erected 1998 by the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 370.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
Location. 43° 43.777′ N, 88° 43.828′ W. Marker is near Brandon, Wisconsin, in Fond du Lac County. Marker can be reached from County Highway TC Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: W11413 County Highway TC, Brandon WI 53919, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sisson’s Peony Gardens (approx. 6.2 miles away); Clarence Addison Shaler (approx. 6.3 miles away); The End of the Trail (approx. 6.4 miles away); Carnegie Library (approx. 6.7 miles away); Auto Race (approx. 7.1 miles away); Horicon Marsh (approx. 7.9 miles away); First Baptist Church of Ripon (approx. 9.4 miles away); 401 Watson Street (approx. 9˝ miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Additional markers on and about the Wisconsin Military Road.
Also see . . . Military Roads. "During Wisconsin's territorial period, the federal government found it expedient to develop a system of military roads to transport supplies and mail between forts established for frontier defense. The first military road in Wisconsin was built between 1835-1838 by garrisons stationed at Fort Howard (Green Bay), Fort Winnebago (Portage), and Fort Crawford (Prairie du Chien) to link the forts." (Submitted on October 8, 2009.)
Categories. • Military • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 8, 2009, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,047 times since then and 41 times this year. Last updated on September 21, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 8, 2009, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.