Waterbury in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
St. James Church
Established Fron England In 1732 By
The Venerable Society For The Propagation
Of The Gospel In Foreign Parts
In 1797 Re-named
St. Johns Church
Location. 41° 33.401′ N, 73° 2.626′ W. Marker is in Waterbury, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker is on Church Street near West Main Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located in the wall of the church next to the entrance. Marker is in this post office area: Waterbury CT 06702, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Waterbury Soldiers' Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Washington – Rochambeau Revolutionary Route (within shouting distance of this marker); Waterbury Veteranís Monument (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Enoch Hibbard House (about 400 feet away); POW / MIA Soldiers from Waterbury (about 400 feet away); John Prince Elton (about 700 feet away); UNICO National (about 700 feet away); John Fitzgerald Kennedy (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waterbury.
Also see . . . St. Johns Church History. Photos of earlier church buildings. (Submitted on September 22, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 22, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 410 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on September 22, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.