Near Lawrenceburg in Lawrence County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
This Monument Marks The Old Natchez Trace
The county seat, Lawrenceburg, was created on Nov. 23, 1819, and named in honor of Capt. James Lawrence, naval hero of the War of 1812.
Erected May 15, 1998
Erected 1998 by Buffalo River Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Natchez Trace marker series.
Location. 35° 23.396′ N, 87° 32.054′ W. Marker is near Lawrenceburg, Tennessee, in Lawrence County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Natchez Trace Parkway (at milepost 375.8) and Laurel Hill Road (Old Trace Drive), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located at the Old Trace Drive turnout. Marker is in this post office area: Lawrenceburg TN 38464, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Old Natchez Trace (a few steps from this marker); Natchez Trace (approx. 5.4 miles away); Steele's Iron Works (approx. 6 miles away); Metal Ford (approx. 6 miles away); Army of Tennessee Dogwood Mudhole (approx. 8.1 miles away); Meriwether Lewis: Life Compass (approx. 9.2 miles away); The Natchez Trace – Early American Trail (approx. 9.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lawrenceburg.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 22, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 634 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on September 22, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. 8. submitted on June 23, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.