Near LaGrange in Troup County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Famous Indian Path
White traders started following this thoroughfare on the early 1700s.
Much of the route remains in use today, although the immediate section to the east has long been abandoned.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 141-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 0.444′ N, 85° 6.55′ W. Marker is near LaGrange, Georgia, in Troup County. Marker is at the intersection of West Point Road (U.S. 29) and Upper Glass Bridge Road, on the right when traveling west on West Point Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lagrange GA 30240, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow The Burnt Village (was approx. 3.9 miles away but has been reported missing. ); LaGrange College – 1831 (approx. 4.3 miles away); a different marker also named LaGrange College – 1831 (approx. 4.3 miles away); Dr. Ulrich Bonnell Phillips (approx. 4˝ miles away); Bellevue (approx. 4.6 miles away); Bellevue, Home of Sen. Benjamin Harvey Hill (approx. 4.7 miles away); Mulberry Street Cemeteries (approx. 4.7 miles away); Horace King 1807-1885 (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in LaGrange.
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 25, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 809 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 25, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.