Jacksonville in Calhoun County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
During the War
Between The States
General John H. Forney
Chapter U.D.C. Sept 27, 1937
Erected 1937 by General John H. Forney Chapter U.D.C.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 33° 48.853′ N, 85° 45.626′ W. Marker is in Jacksonville, Alabama, in Calhoun County. Marker is on Clinton Street Southeast, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is located at the First Presbyterian Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Clinton Street Southeast, Jacksonville AL 36265, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Henry Forney (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Downtown Jacksonville Historic District (about 300 feet away); Jacksonville (about 400 feet away); General Leonidas Polk C.S.A. (about 400 feet away); John Horace Forney (about 400 feet away); The First National Bank of Jacksonville Forney’s Corner (about 400 feet away); Intendants and Mayors of Jacksonville (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jacksonville.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Science & Medicine • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 4, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,229 times since then and 138 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 4, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.