Montgomery in Montgomery County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
by John H. Murphy, cotton broker and
an incorporator and director of the
Montgomery Water Works Company,
Union Army Provost Marshal's
Elks Club 1902-1967
Restored by Montgomery Water Works
and Sanitary Sewer Board, 1970
Erected 1970 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 22.792′ N, 86° 18.57′ W. Marker is in Montgomery, Alabama, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of Bibb Street and Coosa Street, on the left when traveling east on Bibb Street. Touch for map. Marker is located to the right of the front of the house. Marker is at or near this postal address: 22 Bibb Street, Montgomery AL 36104, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Montgomery Freemasonry (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Montgomery Slave Trade/Warehouses Used in the Slave Trade (about 500 feet away); The First Offices of the Confederate Government (about 600 feet away); St. John's Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away); General Charles Graham Boyd Confederate Military Prison / Civil War Military Prisons (about 600 feet away); Bernard Whitehurst and the Whitehurst Case / Montgomery: Learning From the Past (about 600 feet away); Elijah Cook / City of Montgomery v. Rosa Parks (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Montgomery.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 5, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 842 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 5, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.